Google Search Bar

Google
 

Friday, May 23, 2008

Gene Simmons Quotes


* "Gene SimmonsI refuse to stand up in front of a rabbi and my friends and the woman I love - who I will tell you I can love with all my heart - and promise she will be the only one I will ever have until the day I die. That's a lie."

* "I wanted to be in a band that gave bang for the buck. I wanted to be in the band who didn't look like a bunch of guys who, you know, should be in a library studying for their finals."

* "I was never interested in being a rock star. I always wanted to be Boris Karloff."

* "I'd like to think that the boring lady who's talking to me now is a lot sexier and more interesting than the one who's doing NPR. You know, studious and reserved, and - I bet you're a lot of fun at a party."

* "I'm forbidden fruit. Once you go to certain households, mommy doesn't want you to see that dirty man who sticks his tongue out and spits out blood and all that stuff."

* "I'm in a weird band. We've done very well. The American Dream is alive and well."

* "James Bond has a license to kill, rockstars have a license to be outrageous. Rock is about grabbing people's attention."

* "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."

* "My mother is probably the wisest person I've ever known. She's not schooled, she's not well read. But she has a philosophy of life that makes well-read people seem like morons."

* "My skin is more beautiful than yours. I would be quite more popular in jail if I so chose."

* "No. Better research needed. Fire your research person. No fishnet stockings. Never. Not in this band."

* "Rock is about finding who you are. You don't necessarily have to play your instrument very well at all. You can just barely get by and you can be in a rock band."

* "The makeup is simply an extension of the personality and colors, clothing, makeup all express something."

* "The notion is that if you want to welcome me with open arms, I'm afraid you're also going to have to welcome me with open legs."

* "When you look at Clark Kent when he's working at the Daily Planet, he's a reporter. He doesn't fly through the air in his glasses and his suit."

* "When you really think about it, I'm not delusional enough to think that what I do is important to life as we know it on this planet. No. But neither is what you do."

* "You know why I'm pulling your leg? Because I can't touch it from where I am."
Share/Bookmark

No comments: