* "All I'm gonna do is just go on and do what I feel."
* "All I'm writing is just what I feel, that's all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland."
* "Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."
* "Even Castles made of sand, fall into the sea, eventually."
* "Every city in the world always has a gang, a street gang, or the so-called outcasts."
* "Excuse me while I kiss the sky."
* "I don't have nothing to regret at all in the past, except that I might've unintentionally hurt somebody else or something."
* "I got a pet monkey called Charlie Chan."
* "I have this one little saying, when things get too heavy just call me helium, the lightest known gas to man."
* "I just hate to be in one corner. I hate to be put as only a guitar player, or either only as a songwriter, or only as a tap dancer. I like to move around."
* "I try to use my music to move these people to act."
* "I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see."
* "I was trying to do too many things at the same time, which is my nature. But I was enjoying it, and I still do enjoy it."
* "I wish they'd had electric guitars in cotton fields back in the good old days. A whole lot of things would've been straightened out."
* "I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked."
* "I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
* "I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes."
* "If I'm free, it's because I'm always running."
* "If it was up to me, there wouldn't be no such thing as the establishment."
* "Imagination is the key to my lyrics. The rest is painted with a little science fiction."
* "In order to change the world, you have to get your head together first."
* "It all has to come from inside, though, I guess."
* "It's funny how most people love the dead, once you're dead your made for life."
* "Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
* "Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."
* "Music is a safe type of high. It's more the way it was supposed to be. That's where highness came, I guess, from anyway. It's nothing but rhythm and motion."
* "Music is my religion."
* "Music makes me high on stage, and that's the truth. It's like being almost addicted to music."
* "My goal is to be one with the music. I just dedicate my whole life to this art."
* "My nature just changes."
* "Rock is so much fun. That's what it's all about - filling up the chest cavities and empty kneecaps and elbows."
* "See, that's nothing but blues, that's all I'm singing about. It's today's blues."
* "Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."
* "The reflection of the world is blues, that's where that part of the music is at. Then you got this other kind of music that's tryin' to come around."
* "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye."
* "The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar."
* "To be with the others, you have to have your hair short and wear ties. So we're trying to make a third world happen, you know what I mean?"
* "We have time, there's no big rush."
* "When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do."
* "When I die, just keep playing the records."
* "When I played God Bless The Queen, I was wondering if they was gonna dig us, then quite naturally I'd go on and try to get it together."
* "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
* "When things get too heavy, just call me helium, the lightest known gas to man."
* "When we go to play, you flip around and flash around and everything, and then they're not gonna see nothin' but what their eyes see. Forget about their ears."
* "White collar conservative flashin down the street, pointing that plastic finger at me, they all assume my kind will drop and die, but I'm gonna wave my freak flag high."
* "You don't have to be singing about love all the time in order to give love to the people. You don't have to keep flashing those words all the time."
* "You have to forget about what other people say, when you're supposed to die, or when you're supposed to be loving. You have to forget about all these things."
* "You have to give people something to dream on."
* "You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven."